    control policy

    I could ping from webpages from client computers without any problem.

    Can someone pls. tell me how to solve this issue. Thanks,

    Marvs, Dec 13, 2007

  2. Marvs

    why? Guest

    Are you kidding?
    Sounds like most ISP setups, 1 connection, 1 modem and / or router 1
    connection.

    You either get a static IP address allowing 1 PC, some offer more
    addresses , others use DHCP for automatic addressing.
    So how is the network connected to the router?

    How did it work before?

    Generally a router has 4 ports to connect clients, if the router has
    only 1 LAN port you need a switch with enough ports for the number of
    clients + link to router.
    You don't get a 403 without getting a failed connection to the outside /
    some device between the PC and destination. If the connection is down
    it's more likely a page not found / timeout error.

    Firewall software on PC isn't configured for new ISP info.

    Browser proxy settings are the old ISP which doesn't allow connection
    from new ISP.

    Router content filtering needs checked.

    The error page should have contact info / source name of what's
    reporting the problem. You will be surprised by how many don't
    You don't ping webpages, you ping the servers.
    No.

    HTTP 1.1 messages
    10.4.4 403 Forbidden
    The server understood the request, but is refusing to fulfill it.
    Authorization will not help and the request SHOULD NOT be repeated. If
    the request method was not HEAD and the server wishes to make public why
    the request has not been fulfilled, it SHOULD describe the reason for
    the refusal in the entity. If the server does not wish to make this
    information available to the client, the status code 404 (Not Found) can
    be used instead.

    Me

    why?, Dec 13, 2007

  3. Marvs

    Marvs Guest

    im sorry, what do you mean? dsl line speed was upgraded as well as the
    isp
    problem i'm facing is isp could not give me ip's
    network is connected to router via switch, the isa has 2 nic which is
    then connected to the router, only thing connected to the router
    before is the isa, it's been working before with that connection
    i guess you're right
    thanks dude for the correction, atleast you get the idea it's pingable
    maybe somebody else can...
    thanks anyway

    Marvs, Dec 16, 2007
  4. Marvs

    why? Guest

    Some setting perhaps on your PCs / router, is your old ISP and your new
    ISP isn't allowed to connect via that route.

    ISA?
    As in http://www.microsoft.com/isaserver/default.mspx
    Without the ISA in this case?

    If it's ISA, what about configuring that for the new ISP?

    If it's not the IAS above, what ISA is it?

    None of the above?
    Ah but as a ping isn't a webpage test the results don't mean anything.
    The server & TCP/IP can be fine but an application (software) i.e.
    webserver may have issues.

    You don't say if it's a browser generic error page or a URL in the
    address bar of the server generating the error.

    You could try a packet trace capture.
    http://www.snapfiles.com/get/smartsniff.html
    doesn't need installed, standalone exe.

    If it's not the browser, then search the captured data for the 403 text
    string then you will have the source IP.

    <snip>

    Me

    why?, Dec 16, 2007