    small web image.

    Huh?

    Tom

    Tom Scales, Jul 24, 2004

  2. The original is here:
    http://www.pbase.com/image/30544207/original

    And it is not in particular sharp. Of course, you can
    make a 27x40 from any photo. It does not need to be
    sharp to be large.

    It is a bit pathetic with all the WOW comments in the Sigma
    forum though. Don't they stop and think sometimes?

    /Roland

    Roland Karlsson, Jul 24, 2004
  3. But your kiddie Sigma is only 3.4MP. But you don't notice the
    typically crappy Sigma colors here because there's nothing to
    standardize on (like a skin tone). I'll still put my 10D up against
    your kiddie toy any day.

    And aren't you the one always bitching about people not posting
    full-sized images? Guess it's OK when you do it (or I should say,
    point to others doing it).

    Randall Ainsworth, Jul 24, 2004
  4. "Pathetic" and "Sigma" - now there's two words that belong together.

    Randall Ainsworth, Jul 24, 2004
  5. Nope, just note the testimony that the 13.72MP SD10 is super sharp at
    27x40". I have lots of SD9 24x36"'s that are stunning, sharper than
    my 10D was at 8x10".

    Georgette Preddy, Jul 24, 2004
  6. Georgette Preddy

    Tom Scales Guest

    Well, that's just bullshit.

    Tom Scales, Jul 24, 2004
  7. Georgette Preddy

    G. Innipig Guest

    G. Innipig, Jul 24, 2004
  8. YES! 3.43 full color MPs!!!!

    Next closest is the Kodak 14/c with only 3.3 full color MPs!!
    I had a 10D, it was no good.
    A picture of a print??

    Georgette Preddy, Jul 24, 2004
  9. Charles Schuler, Jul 24, 2004
  10. And we all know image quality is determined by fluency in multiple languages.

    Georgette Preddy, Jul 25, 2004
  11. And we all know image quality is determined by fluency in multiple languages.

    Georgette Preddy, Jul 25, 2004
  12. Georgette Preddy

    dylan Guest

    Can't describe it as stunning at 56dpi, from whatever source.

    dylan, Jul 25, 2004
  13. 4536/40 = ?

    Georgette Preddy, Jul 27, 2004
  14. Georgette Preddy

    Tom Scales Guest

    Come on GP. Start with 3.4 mp.

    Tom Scales, Jul 27, 2004
  15. Georgette Preddy

    Crownfield Guest

    there were no pixels there. 2250 x 1500, remember.

    so 2250 / 40 = 56.25 pixels per inch of print.
    posters are often 72 ppi.

    they must look like they were printed on a teletype.

    I have used a 3000 x 2000 pixel image on a vehicle,
    so it was about 96 inches by 96 inches. thats 36 dpi,
    so it looks great at 10 feet, but not at 10 inches.

    Crownfield, Jul 28, 2004
  16. The SD9 and SD10 output 4536 x 3024 pixel images, 13.72MP.

    Georgette Preddy, Jul 30, 2004
  17. The SD9 has the most MPs of any DSLR at 13.72MP as output.

    Georgette Preddy, Jul 30, 2004
  18. Georgette Preddy

    Crownfield Guest

    right.
    they make them up, afterwards in software.
    whole cloth I*N*T*E*R*P*O*L*A*T*I*O*N!!

    just like the S2 outputs 6000 x 4000 pixel images:
    by making up data at points where NO sample was taken.

    Crownfield, Jul 30, 2004
  19. Georgette Preddy

    Crownfield Guest

    and of those 13mp,
    almost all of them are made up by interpolation.
    sigma is not professional, because it interpolates.

    Crownfield, Jul 30, 2004