    confusing it with the 4-pin connector for the 20+4 main power
    connector. It is a connector with 2 yellow and 2 black, representing
    the +12V connector. Please help ASAP!

    Echo, Jan 5, 2008

  2. Echo

    Alfred Guest

    Reading the thread you have tried it in another board and it fits.
    Obviously your new MB has a faulty connector.
    Either return the board or buy a new connector and replace the damaged
    one

    Alfred, Jan 5, 2008

  3. Echo

    philo Guest

    You have it keyed wrong

    philo, Jan 5, 2008
  4. Echo

    Echo Guest

    It's obviously not keyed wrong if it fits part way, besides, wouldn't
    that be one of the most obvious things to look for?!

    Echo, Jan 5, 2008
  5. Echo

    philo Guest

    Then you mean to say you cannot see what's obstructing it...
    get a good light and a magnifying glass...it may be just a poor molding with
    a bit of excess plastic
    that you could remove

    philo, Jan 5, 2008
  6. Echo

    VanguardLH Guest

    Well, are you ever going to divulge the brand and model of this power
    supply?

    Some of them come with an 8-pin mobo connector that is split into two
    4-pin connectors that snap or slide together. It is up to you to
    figure out which half to use if the mobo only has the 4-pin connector.
    On 4-pin connector is the ATX12V connector that you are thinking of.
    The other 4-pin connector is the EPS12V connector. If your mobo is
    not EPS compliant then you don't use the extra 4-pin connector (wire
    tie it out of the way).

    EPS is an Intel Server System Infrastructure (SSI) specification. See
    http://ssiforum.oaktree.com/ViewUserDocuments.aspx. The 8-Pin Molex
    39-01-2080 or equivalent connector is for processor power. See some
    PSU connector pics at
    http://www.rosewill.com/product/product.aspx?productId=390; the two
    connectors for ATX12V and EPS12V are shown there.

    Hard to know what connector you are trying to use without knowing WHAT
    power supply you are using. When I got my PSU, it happened to be
    EPS12V compliant but I had to make sure the 8-pin connector was split
    so I could use it with my new mobo that only had the 4-pin ATX12V
    connector.

    Have you looked inside the connector housing with a flashlight and
    maybe a magnifying glass to check that the pin inside has not been
    crushed, squashed, or otherwise disformed or mispositioned and that
    there is no foreign object stuck in there?

    VanguardLH, Jan 6, 2008