    would be nice with adjustments for the normal stuff like white
    balance/contrast/"exposure" but with the ability to process them with no
    noise filtration. TIA

    Stacey, Dec 30, 2004

  2. I'm basically happy with BreezeBrowser. It handles the E-1, but doesn't list
    the E300 yet. And it's reasonably priced.
    BreezeBrowser's interface is a bit Spartan, but it's noise reduction is
    controllable (off, low, normal, high). I haven't upgraded to BreezeBrowser
    Pro yet, so I'll refrain from possibly incorrect comments, but I like both
    the noise reduction it does and the automagic combined conversion it does
    that tries to save both highlights and shadows.

    http://www.breezesys.com/

    David J. Littleboy
    Tokyo, Japan

    David J. Littleboy, Dec 30, 2004

  3. Stacey

    Vlad Gunko Guest

    Looking for a list of the different 3rd party RAW conversion software
    Hello, Stacey.

    3rd party RAW convertors:
    Bible Pro 4.1
    Photoshop with RAW convertor

    Good luck,
    Vlad

    Vlad Gunko, Dec 30, 2004
  4. Stacey

    don antoine Guest

    don antoine, Dec 30, 2004
  5. Stacey

    nop Guest

    I'm having doubts about BB now. What it needs is a real time Kelvin balancer.

    nop, Dec 30, 2004
  6. Stacey

    Stacey Guest

    Stacey, Dec 30, 2004
  7. Stacey

    Stacey Guest

    What versions of PS have a RAW converter or are they all 3rd party plugins?

    Stacey, Dec 30, 2004
  8. Stacey

    Jim Townsend Guest

    I've been using Bibble Lab's RAW converter. http://www.bibblelabs.com/
    I'm a die hard Linux user and they're one of the few commercial software
    producers with a Linux version of their software.

    It's similar to Capture One.. It pretty well does what you want. There are a
    few small bugs, but all-and-all, I find it acceptable. I particularly like the
    auto-level function. It always seems to produce excellent results from slightly
    over or under exposed shots.

    The full blown version is $129.00 US, the light version is $69.00 US
    They have versions for Windows, Mac or Linux.

    Jim Townsend, Dec 30, 2004
  9. Stacey

    Chris Brown Guest

    It's included with CS.

    Chris Brown, Dec 30, 2004
  10. balancer.

    You can set the color temperature and see the result in the preview window.
    Not very knobs-on, but it works.

    I shoot outdoors a lot, and the shadows and bright areas require different
    balancing, so I don't think a single Kelvin setting is adequate. Nikon scan
    gives me individual curves for each color channel and a before and after
    numerical readout from the cursor. But that's for film scanning.

    David J. Littleboy
    Tokyo, Japan

    David J. Littleboy, Dec 30, 2004
  11. Thanks for the Bibble description: I had been wondering what it was like.

    David J. Littleboy
    Tokyo, Japan

    in message news:...

    David J. Littleboy, Dec 30, 2004
  12. Stacey

    Stacey Guest

    Sounds like what I'm looking for. I'm a linux user myself and would prefer
    to find an "all linux" solution and support people who are supporting
    linux. I'll have to e-mail and ask what they think about E300 files and
    support for this camera. DCRAW says it doesn't support the E300 yet but it
    seems to decode the files OK, maybe the E1 is the same alogithm?

    Stacey, Dec 31, 2004