3Meg Internet Connection have 2 Router Choices...

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Scott Townsend, Mar 28, 2006.

  1. We are upgrading our HQ Office to a 6 Meg Internet Connection and the Branch
    office to a 3Meg internet Connection.

    HQ is going to get a new Cisco Router from the ISP and the Branch office has
    a choice between the Old HQ Intenet Router and Another.

    The below are my two choices, Yukon and Hermie. Which should I choose as my
    Gateway to the internet that will have 2 T1s connected to it?

    Thanks!
    Scott<-

    Yukon (C2600-I-M), Version 12.2(5d)
    cisco 2620 (MPC860) processor (revision 0x00) with 28672K/4096K bytes of
    memory.
    Processor board ID JAD06170GTM (561184025)
    M860 processor: part number 0, mask 49
    Bridging software.
    X.25 software, Version 3.0.0.
    1 FastEthernet/IEEE 802.3 interface(s)
    2 Serial network interface(s)
    8192K bytes of processor board System flash (Read/Write)

    Hermie (C2600-IS-M), Version 12.3(6a)
    cisco 2610XM (MPC860P) processor (revision 0x300) with 92160K/6144K bytes of
    memory.
    Processor board ID JAE0814BHF5 (2272793425)
    M860 processor: part number 5, mask 2
    Bridging software.
    X.25 software, Version 3.0.0.
    Primary Rate ISDN software, Version 1.1.
    1 FastEthernet/IEEE 802.3 interface(s)
    5 ATM network interface(s)
    4 Channelized T1/PRI port(s)
    1 ATM AIM(s)
    32768K bytes of processor board System flash (Read/Write)

    Scott Townsend, Mar 28, 2006

  2. Scott Townsend

    Merv Guest

    I vote for Hermie as you can still get new IOS releases for it :))

    You probably want to upgrade the code to more recent 12.3 image before
    redeploying.

    Merv, Mar 28, 2006

  3. Thanks for your Vote. I was leaning towards Hermie, though he's the unit
    Currently in use. I'll have to wait till the new HQ is up Solid, before I
    redeploy him.

    No Guesses on the names? (-;

    Thanks,

    Scott Townsend, Mar 28, 2006
  4. Scott Townsend

    Brian V Guest

    Hermie, no question about it. It's not EOL yet! The plain ole 2620 is.

    Hermie wanted to be a dentist.
    Yukon Corneleous was looking for gold.

    Brian V, Mar 29, 2006
  5. Scott Townsend