    As we shall be there for a couple of weeks (daughter expecting) it
    would be useful to have 3 access if I can for e-mails etc.

    Anyone help?

    Woody, Feb 8, 2015

  2. Woody

    Roger Mills Guest

    Sadly, they don't seem to be available at a good price at the moment. I
    bought several last year from Currys when they were £2.99 and then some
    more from Amazon at £3.99 just before Christmas. But I've just done a
    trawl round the internet, and can't find any for less than about 8 quid.
    I suppose that may be acceptable to some people - since to top them up
    when they run out, rather than getting a new one, costs a tenner - but
    when you've been used to paying 3 quid for them . . .

    They come in 3 physical sizes - standard, micro, and nano. Mine are all
    standard. What size does your MiFi device need? I doubt whether I shall
    use all of mine before they go out of fashion - especially (as discussed
    in other threads) if I can get away with tethering a PAYG SIM. So I
    might be prepared to part with one or two if you care to make an offer.
    [My email address *does* work].
    --
    Cheers,
    Roger

    Roger Mills, Feb 8, 2015

  3. Woody

    Martin Brown Guest

    They appear on Amazon (and elsewhere) in promotional deals now and then.
    I generally go for the Three 3G/90d ~£20 since that gives the best price
    when no deal is on - although Oranges 2G/30d £9 or 6G/90d ~£15 is better
    if their SIM deal is still on. Both I think on Amazon.

    Three is the only carrier with 3G where I live.
    Worth checking the Orange coverage since their prices are now lower
    although ISTR there is a trick to making the SIM behave itself. I think
    you have to register with Orange or something before it will play.

    Martin Brown, Feb 9, 2015
  4. I tend to buy disposable sims for my tablets. I go for whatever looks
    most attractive on Amazon at the time. For a while now, it's been the EE
    (Orange) SIMs that expire after 90 days. They're 4G but should work
    without problems in a 3G device.

    Looks to have increased in price since I bought one last month mind you.
    I paid £14.99 - http://users.plus.net/QL:010D8104

    Plusnet Support Team, Feb 9, 2015
  5. Woody

    Woody Guest

    Thanks for the input Bob. Unfortunately where we will be going the
    only near site is 3 - else I would use my GiffGaff PAYG which permits
    tethering but 2G is, shall we say, somewhat slow.

    Woody, Feb 9, 2015