    shooting a "parallel" shot from shooting a "cross" shot?

    Any input would be appreciated.

    -- William M. Miller

    William M. Miller, Jul 23, 2003

  2. The essence of 3-d viewing is viewing a different image with each eye, to
    emulate the way our brain perceives depth.

    "Parallel" viewing means that the left eye sees the left image, and the
    right eye sees the right image. This is the "normal" viewing mode, and the
    one used with most viewing equipment.

    "Crosseye" is the opposite, the left eye looks at the right image and
    viceversa.

    A great many people are able to view stereo pairs without any viewing
    equipment (freeviewing). There are many freeviewing instruction pages on the
    web. The main difference is that crosseye produces a sharper image, but at a
    smaller perceived size. Parallel produces a more natural size but at a loss
    in sharpness. A lot of people find crosseye freeviewing much easier than
    parallel.

    There are many 3-d sites on the web, I suggest you try both methods and see
    which one you like best. You may also find useful info at
    alt.binaries.pictures.stereo. Good luck.

    Juan

    Juan R. Pollo, Jul 26, 2003