3com wifi dsl router query

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by XPD, Apr 4, 2006.

  1. XPD

    XPD Guest

    XPD, Apr 4, 2006

  2. Not the exact same model, but I am using there (probably) previous model
    combined DSL/Wifi/Switch. Only difference is, its not ADSL2.

    It all worked OK, but the ADSL dropped out fairly often (every few
    hours) and did not seem to reconnect. So I went back to my Asus, and the
    problem went away (or at least the Asus reconnected silently).

    The Wifi and switch parts showed no problems. My friend who wires hotels
    says 3COM are good for Wifi. It seems DSL is not one of their core
    competencies.

    Nice user interface.

    Does get rather hot - I took the top off to make myself feel better.

    Aaron Lawrence, Apr 4, 2006

  3. Got one, very happy with it. Good firewall, virtual servers, no probs driving
    the networked printer, really good reliability record so far in terms of [few]
    dropped connections. Will do DHCP or fixed IPs on the Lan based on Mac address.
    What else? Configurable UPnP, DDNS, ping blocking, remote admin on password or
    IP ...

    cheers, -Peter

    Peter Huebner, Apr 4, 2006
  4. I recently discovered my 3Com AP was insecure... it had a 'hidden' page
    that allowed anyone to obtain the admin password and configure the AP.
    The firmware has now been upgraded.

    That model may not have this issue, but it would be wise to check for
    updates.

    The Other Guy

    The Other Guy, Apr 4, 2006
  5. XPD

    Fran Guest

    I've been using a 3Com HomeConnect for a while now and have had no issues
    with its DSL performance.

    Fran
    :):):)

    Fran, Apr 4, 2006