3750 stackwise

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Ned, Aug 10, 2009.

  1. Ned

    Ned Guest

    I'm trying to stack 3 x 3750 together and am having problems:
    The first two 2 are OK - both WS-C3750G-48TS, switch 1 stack port 2
    goes to switch 2 stackport 1. Switch 2 stackport 2 goes to Switch 3
    stackport 1.
    The 3rd switch is a WS-C3750G-24T and its stackport 2 goes to switch 1
    stackport 1.

    This is what they say...
    Switch Ports Model SW Version SW Image
    ------ ----- ----- ---------- ----------
    * 1 52 WS-C3750G-48TS 12.2(35)SE5 C3750-
    IPBASE-M
    2 52 WS-C3750G-48TS 12.2(35)SE5 C3750-
    IPBASE-M

    Room55#show switch
    Switch/Stack Mac Address : 0015.620b.6280
    H/W Current
    Switch# Role Mac Address Priority Version State
    *1 Master 0015.620b.6280 15 0 Ready
    2 Member 0016.c7fc.1380 10 0 Ready

    Switch Ports Model SW Version SW Image
    ------ ----- ----- ---------- ----------
    * 3 24 WS-C3750G-24T 12.2(35)SE5 C3750-
    IPBASE-M

    Room#show switch
    Switch/Stack Mac Address : 0024.9866.0380
    H/W Current
    Switch# Role Mac Address Priority Version State
    1 Member 0000.0000.0000 0 0 Provisioned
    *3 Master 0024.9866.0380 5 0 Ready

    Any suggestions ?
    Thanks

    Ned, Aug 10, 2009

  2. Ned

    jrguent Guest

    Here is a link...

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products...xample09186a00807811ad.shtml#stackportscables

    Document Title: Creation and Management of Catalyst 3750 Switch
    Stacks.

    Under connection Types in the document, there is a recommended series
    of physical Stackwise Cable interconnections that sounds different
    than what you have mentioned above.

    jrguent, Aug 10, 2009

  3. Ned

    Thrill5 Guest

    The switches are confused as to what the stack is suppose to look like and
    you basically have two stacks. There is a command that I don't recall right
    now that you can use to clear the provisioning information in each switch
    about how the stack is suppose to look. The command is something link "no
    provision....." or something.

    To fix, you can try the following.

    Remove the 3rd switch from the stack.
    remove any "provision" commands you see in the config.
    save the config
    Clear the config (do a "write erase")
    power off.
    connect it back to the stack.