    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Amy.

    Amy L., Sep 29, 2004

  2. Amy L.

    Brian V Guest

    "Amy L." <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Several doc references that when stacking 3750's that the IP address
    > used for the stack will be different than the IP Addresses assigned to
    > the switches in the stack. However, I have been unsucessful in
    > finding out what the command from the docs would be to configure the
    > stack ip address.
    >
    > Any help would be appreciated.
    > Thanks
    > Amy.

    Each switch gets it's own IP address. The Stack Master switch (which you can
    select/assign) will be the IP address that you manage the entire stack by.

    -Brian

    Brian V, Sep 30, 2004

  3. Amy L.

    hktco Guest

    Perhaps some same config code would be nice here. Do you mean that I
    can/should config 3 IP addresses for each switch, plus 1 extra IP
    address for the entire stack, if let's say I have 3 switches in the
    stack?

    hktco

    hktco, Oct 2, 2004
  4. Amy L.

    Jim Kirby Guest

    Holy crap, no! configure one(1) switch with one(1) IP address (and
    the rest of your config). Set this switch as stack member/priority #1
    (sorry, don't remember the command). Connect second switch to first
    using stacking cable. Power on second switch. It is now configured
    too (with stacking priority 2). Continue with up to 7 additional
    switches (for a total of 9). Write mem.

    Optionally, you can add stacking priorities to the other switches so
    you can define which one will take over should the primary fail. This
    sentence compromises 100% of the configuration we do for stack members
    greater than #1.

    If any switch fails, the next one to take over administrative duties
    will assume the IP address assigned to the first switch. All switches
    synch and memorize the entire configuration.

    jk

    Jim Kirby, Oct 4, 2004
  5. Amy L.

    Ben Guest

    We use the Gige on the 2nd stack to uplink to a second router for splitting
    load and redundancy. In this case there is an ip address on each stack
    member

    Ben, Oct 6, 2004