    Mobile Secure Information Networks
    QinetiQ
    (remove NOSPAM to reply)

    Pete Calvert, Nov 18, 2003

  2. MLPPP is supported on ALL interfaces that support PPP encapsulation.

    Is this for channelized or unchannelized E1? ISDN? How many
    links in the bundle? How many bundles?

    Aaron

    ---

    ~ Hi,
    ~
    ~ I have been tasked with looking at the functionality of the 3725 router,
    ~ and one of the requirements is to find a E1 card which will support MLPPP.
    ~ Having looked at the options on the Cisco website I am still confused as to
    ~ which E1 cards support MLPPP. Can someone help to clarify this for me.
    ~
    ~ Thanks.
    ~
    ~ Pete

    Aaron Leonard, Nov 18, 2003

  3. Pete Calvert

    Pete Calvert Guest

    This is for 30B + D ISDN.

    Pete Calvert, Nov 19, 2003
  4. OK, then you will want to use one of the NM-*CE* cards.
    See pages 77 thru 79 in http://www.cisco.com/application/pd.../ps221/c1031/ccmigration_09186a008017f1d1.pdf .

    Aaron

    ---

    ~ This is for 30B + D ISDN.
    ~
    ~
    ~ > MLPPP is supported on ALL interfaces that support PPP encapsulation.
    ~ >
    ~ > Is this for channelized or unchannelized E1? ISDN? How many links in
    ~ > the bundle? How many bundles?
    ~ >
    ~ > Aaron
    ~ >
    ~ > ---
    ~ >

    Aaron Leonard, Nov 19, 2003
  5. Pete Calvert

    Pete Calvert Guest

    Pete Calvert, Nov 19, 2003
  6. Pete Calvert

    Andre Beck Guest

    In order to run a PRI (G.703/E1 structured as of G.704 with ISDN
    signaling on top of that), you need the NM-CE modules. There are WICs
    that can terminate an E1, but they max allow to extract two independend
    octet streams from the E1, allowing for fractional E1 or full rate E1.
    These are the VWIC-?MFT-E1 (for G.704 only) and the VWIC-?MFT-G703
    (they also allow to bypass G.704, that means run unframed). Those VWICs
    are great for leased line E1 applications including frame relay, and
    some of them allow B-channel drop&insert in front of a PBX. But none
    of them is sufficient for ISDN. So if it is indeed MP on B-channels
    of a dialin through ISDN/PRI that you want, go with the NM-CE. If you
    just want to MP-bundle fractional or full rate E1 leased lines (e.g.
    to create a 4Mbps leased line from two 2Mbps E1s), go with the VWICs.

    Andre Beck, Nov 21, 2003
  7. You have to use an NM-*CE* for data PRI support on the midrange
    platforms (26/36/3700). The VWIC MFT supports PRI (in some
    configurations), but for voice calls only, not data.

    Aaron

    ---

    ~ Thanks for the reply.
    ~
    ~ Is it just the NM-CE cards that will do what I want as I was hoping to be
    ~ able to use one of the WIC slots for this and leave the NM slot free for
    ~ other things.
    ~
    ~ Pete
    ~ ~ > OK, then you will want to use one of the NM-*CE* cards.
    ~ > See pages 77 thru 79 in
    ~ http://www.cisco.com/application/pd.../ps221/c1031/ccmigration_09186a008017f1d1.pdf .
    ~ >
    ~ > Aaron
    ~ >
    ~ > ---
    ~ >
    ~ > ~ This is for 30B + D ISDN.
    ~ > ~
    ~ > ~ On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 11:44:16 -0800, Aaron Leonard <>
    ~ wrote:
    ~ > ~
    ~ > ~ > MLPPP is supported on ALL interfaces that support PPP encapsulation.
    ~ > ~ >
    ~ > ~ > Is this for channelized or unchannelized E1? ISDN? How many links in
    ~ > ~ > the bundle? How many bundles?
    ~ > ~ >
    ~ > ~ > Aaron
    ~ > ~ >
    ~ > ~ > ---
    ~ > ~ >
    ~ > ~ > ~ Hi,
    ~ > ~ > ~ ~ I have been tasked with looking at the functionality of the 3725
    ~ > ~ > router, ~ and one of the requirements is to find a E1 card which will
    ~ > ~ > support MLPPP. ~ Having looked at the options on the Cisco website I
    ~ am
    ~ > ~ > still confused as to ~ which E1 cards support MLPPP. Can someone help
    ~ > ~ > clarify this for me.
    ~ > ~ > ~ ~ Thanks.
    ~ > ~ > ~ ~ Pete
    ~ > ~ >