    The question is: will is be able to hanlde more traffic (more bps/pps) than the 3640+2924
    scenario? If not, what would be a good (with the same price if possible) replacement for
    our current scenario?

    Tassos, Dec 8, 2003

  2. I'd think so :). More than two orders of magnitude more, according to
    this: http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/pcat/ca3550.htm#spec

    The 3550-48 will do 6.8Gbps or 10.1 Mpps at both layer 2 and 3.

    Regards,

    Marco.

    M.C. van den Bovenkamp, Dec 8, 2003

  3. Tassos

    Chad Whitten Guest

    i replaced the exact same hardware (3640 + 2924) with a 3550 (24 port model)
    and the benefit has been enormous. much better throughput. processor load
    --
    Chad Whitten CCNA
    Network/Systems Administrator

    601-944-4801