360 degree panorama gear

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Pat Cooney, Jul 12, 2004.

  1. Pat Cooney

    Pat Cooney Guest

    Hi all,

    I have been hired to take some 360 degree QTVR photos for a client.
    I currently am using a manfrotto QTVR head that works great for most
    of the images my client wants, but there is one image in particular
    that I'm concerned about.

    The image requires a lot of people to be in the shot, and to be in
    movement when photoed, if that makes any sense. It's a photo of a
    train station, and he wants people stepping off and on the train and
    milling about the station, but done in a 360 degree panoramic shot.

    I have no clue how to do this with the tradition way of rotating the
    camera 20 degrees or whatever and shooting photo after photo.

    I recently purchased a mirror apparatus that fits onto the lens of
    the camera and allows me to take a 360 photo with one shot from VR
    interactive (www.vri.ca). This idea seemed perfect because then I
    could capture all sorts of motion without worrying about how to stitch
    it. The problem is, the mirror is of poor quality and I'll never been
    able to capture a nice, high res image using it.

    I was wondering if any of you had any ideas, maybe on a mirror type
    apparatus of higher quality or of a technique using the tradtional 360
    pano head that would allow me to capture that motion.

    Thanks in advance.

    Pat

    Pat Cooney, Jul 12, 2004

  2. Pat Cooney

    dadiOH Guest

    Maybe a Cirkut camera? Don't think that would give you 360 though...

    --
    dadiOH
    _____________________________

    dadiOH's dandies v3.0...
    ____________________________

    dadiOH, Jul 12, 2004

  3. There are mirrors that let you do 360 cylinders in one shot; see
    http://www.0-360.com/
    http://www.kaidan.com/Detail.bok?no=101
    Drop by
    http://www.z360.com/index1.htm
    Select Panoramas, then select Worldwide Panorama Day -- it's a fullscreen
    pano in the middle of a group of protestors. Compare that with your
    quality.

    Phil Stripling, Jul 13, 2004
  4. Pat Cooney

    leo Guest

    What systems (and how big) are used in the Z360 site? Those are a lot more
    sophisticated than Kaidan/0-360's.

    leo, Jul 13, 2004
  5. I dunno. Drop them a line and ask.

    Phil Stripling, Jul 13, 2004