  1. I have many, many, many 35mm slides I'd like to convert to digital
    files. Any recommendations/suggestions on conversion programs?

    TIA

    Millard Filmore, Aug 27, 2003

  2. On Wed, 27 Aug 2003 04:46:06 +0100, "db" <> wrote:

    >"Millard Filmore" <> wrote in message
    >> I have many, many, many 35mm slides I'd like to convert to digital
    >> files. Any recommendations/suggestions on conversion programs?
    >>
    >> TIA

    >Do you have a scanner capable of viewing/scanning slides?
    >If so any imaging software - Irfanviewer (free), PhotoDeluxe, Photoshop,
    >Paint Shop Pro etc. etc. should do the job easily.
    >
    >db

    I assume from what you've said, that a scanner must be capable of
    scanning the slides. I have an old flat-bed (Mustek 6000CX), which
    has served, and is serving me, well for my presenet needs. But it
    doesn't scan slides. I use Irfanview already.

    So I guess I need to up-grade my scanner. Any suggestions (cheap,
    hopefully)?

    Millard Filmore, Aug 27, 2003

  3. Millard Filmore

    Ghostrider Guest

    Millard Filmore wrote:

    > On Wed, 27 Aug 2003 04:46:06 +0100, "db" <> wrote:
    >

    > >"Millard Filmore" <> wrote in message
    > >> I have many, many, many 35mm slides I'd like to convert to digital
    > >> files. Any recommendations/suggestions on conversion programs?
    > >>
    > >> TIA

    > >Do you have a scanner capable of viewing/scanning slides?
    > >If so any imaging software - Irfanviewer (free), PhotoDeluxe, Photoshop,
    > >Paint Shop Pro etc. etc. should do the job easily.
    > >
    > >db
    > >

    > I assume from what you've said, that a scanner must be capable of
    > scanning the slides. I have an old flat-bed (Mustek 6000CX), which
    > has served, and is serving me, well for my presenet needs. But it
    > doesn't scan slides. I use Irfanview already.
    >
    > So I guess I need to up-grade my scanner. Any suggestions (cheap,
    > hopefully)?

    For slides only and 35-mm. negatives/filmstrips, take a look at the SmartDisk
    3600, that connects to the computer via USB or Firewire. More expensive are
    the Nikon slide duplications/copiers.

    Ghostrider, Aug 27, 2003
  4. Millard Filmore

    SgtMinor Guest

    SgtMinor, Aug 27, 2003
  5. Thanks to all who replied to my question. I picked up a Microtek
    5900, and I already had Irfanview. So now, to go thru humungous piles
    of slides!

    Again, Thanks.

    Millard Filmore, Aug 28, 2003