    reports...what's the scoop?

    thanks...

    rrfield

    Richard R. Field, Apr 17, 2004

  2. Richard R. Field

    Steve Guest

    Yes it does in what I call a limited form. Not like a full router.

    Steve

    Steve, Apr 17, 2004

  3. Richard R. Field

    Steinar Haug Guest

    [Steve]

    | Yes it does in what I call a limited form. Not like a full router.
    |
    | Richard R. Field wrote:
    | > Will a catalyst 3550 with EMI run BGP? I've read conflicting
    | > reports...what's the scoop?

    The 3550 EMI runs BGP just fine, the main problem is the size of the
    routing table - there's no way to cram a full Internet routing table
    into a 3550.

    A secondary problem if you run MPLS etc is limited support for
    *multiple* routing instances.

    Steinar Haug, Nethelp consulting,

    Steinar Haug, Apr 17, 2004
  4. What model router would you recomend for BGP? I am getting ready to upgrade
    the internet access at work by adding a second ISP and would like to run BGP
    to make things run as smooth as possible in the event of a link failure. I
    am a BGP novice for sure.

    rrfield

    Richard R. Field, Apr 17, 2004