3548 configure range of ports how ?

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by genki, Dec 16, 2005.

  1. genki

    genki Guest

    Hi,

    There is not interface range x/x - x command on the IOS version I have
    on these
    3548's.

    How do I configure a range of ports ?

    I want to do

    int range fa0/1 - 48
    switchport host
    spanning-tree bdufilter

    I am running c3500xl-c3h2s-mz.120-5.WC11.bin. Does it support SSH,
    rather than
    having everyone telnet ?

    Thanks

    genki, Dec 16, 2005

  2. genki

    karateD Guest

    I have a 3500xl running 12.0(5)WC9. It does not support SSH and there
    is not `interface range` command. We are paying the price for buying
    cheaper!

    karateD, Dec 17, 2005

  3. Script it on your workstation. Ie. its easy in unix shells. Or perl,
    or even vbscript if you are a windows user. I did that all the time
    before they introduced the 'interface range' command. Iterate over 1
    to 48, print out the config lines you need, cut and paste in.
    Nope, too old of gear. You generally only got ssh on the next
    generation, and only on the enhanced image ones for those.

    Doug McIntyre, Dec 17, 2005
  4. genki

    genki Guest

    Okay thanks for the advice guys. These 3540 boxes do suck man. I wanted
    to go SSH across the board but I guess that's out the window now.

    I just couldn't find this info on the Cisco site at all, that's why I
    resorted to asking here. Seems like a simple question but I couldn't
    find info for IOS image I run.

    Thanks again

    Genki

    genki, Dec 17, 2005
  5. Its just old gear. They work fine, but won't have all the bells and
    whistles that the newer gear does. Anything rotated off the list of
    hardware page probably will have some features missing.
    You need to have a CCO account. I don't believe you need to have
    contract access to access http://www.cisco.com/go/fn/ which will tell
    you all sorts of things about what version of IOS and hardware
    supports what feature.

    Doug McIntyre, Dec 18, 2005