    get half ports amber and half ports green.

    Anyone have any thoughts on why this is happening?

    Thanks for the help

    Nick C, Jun 28, 2004

  2. Nick C

    Nick C Guest

    Anyone have any ideas

    Nick C, Jul 13, 2004

  3. Nick C

    chris Guest

    The switches are failing the power-on self test. Call Cisco.
    Do you get anything useful from the console port during boot? As I
    recall, there was an issue with the 3500 series having bad power
    supply caps that caused intermittent port errors. Perhaps if they get
    really bad, the switch fails to post properly.

    -Chris

    chris, Jul 16, 2004
  4. Nick C

    sven.fuchs Guest

    try the link for further information...

    http://www.cisco.
    com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps607/products_field_notice09186a00801b81
    6b.shtml

    Sven

    sven.fuchs, Jul 16, 2004