  1. Hi there,

    How do I get Photoshop CS to open these files? I have installed 2.4 of the
    raw plug-in. What am I doing wrong?

    Master Chef Richard Campbell, Mar 18, 2005

  2. Master Chef Richard Campbell

    Eric Gill Guest

    Not telling us what happens when you try to open the files, for one thing.

    Eric Gill, Mar 19, 2005

  3. Sorry about that. I was a bit frustrated when I wrote the first post. I get

    "Could not complete your request because it is not the right kind of
    document."

    Thanks

    Master Chef Richard Campbell, Mar 19, 2005
  4. Master Chef Richard Campbell

    Eric Gill Guest

    Yeah, I've been through that more than a few times.
    Wierd. My first thought is the installation went a bit screwy.

    Can you see the files in the Photoshop browser, and if so, can you open
    them from there?

    Eric Gill, Mar 19, 2005
  5. Nope can not view the .cr2 fils in Photoshop browser. I can still see and
    open raw files from my Oly C-8080wz.

    Master Chef Richard Campbell, Mar 19, 2005
  6. Master Chef Richard Campbell

    Eric Gill Guest

    Right.

    The files the RebXT produces are supposed to be close enough to those of
    the 20D not to matter, and many people report ACR 2.4 works fine.

    Suggestions in order I'd try them:

    1) Go to Help->About Plugin->Camera Raw and see what version PS thinks is
    installed. If it's lower than 2.4, throw out the Camera Raw plugin and
    skip to step 3.

    2) Purge the PS browser cache (open browser, File->Purge Cache). Close
    and re-start Photoshop.

    3) Delete your PS preferences (hold down cntrl-alt-shft right after
    launching PS). If you've got custom brushes, back them up first.

    4) Re-install Camera RAW 2.4.

    5) Uninstall then reinstall PS, then re-install ACR 2.4.

    Eric Gill, Mar 19, 2005
  7. OK I am going to email Adobe cause I have tried the above and nadda no nope
    nothing.

    Master Chef Richard Campbell, Mar 19, 2005
  8. Master Chef Richard Campbell

    scott Guest

    Eric Gill wrote:

    Apparently not close enough. The following quote is secondhand info from
    the dpreview Canon EOS 300D/350D forum:

    "Thomas Knoll (who writes Adobe's RAW converter) posted in the Adobe RAW
    forum saying that the 350D raw file was sufficiently different from the
    20D that a simple hex edit would not be enough - the converter needs to
    be reworked." (posted by Susan S.)

    The Adobe forums require registration so you'll have to check the source
    yourself, but the failure of Camera Raw 2.4 with the rebel XT is
    consistent with the Supported Cameras list found here:

    http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop/cameraraw.html?camerarawnav

    scott, Mar 19, 2005
  9. Master Chef Richard Campbell

    Eric Gill Guest

    Odd. I follow both forums and had not noticed this, though I did see a
    number of people reporting success. I may owe Richard an apology for
    wasting his time.

    Eric Gill, Mar 19, 2005
  10. Master Chef Richard Campbell

    papaboop Guest

    Double checking the camera's supported by the 2.4 raw plug-in on
    Adobe's site, the 350 isn't one of them. As another poster said, looks
    like they have to upgrade the plug-in.

    PB
    http://papaboop.com/
    http://mlprice.com/

    papaboop, Mar 19, 2005
  11. Master Chef Richard Campbell

    Brian Bowles Guest

    I hear the upgradae will be in the next photshop upgrade.

    Brian Bowles, Mar 19, 2005