    specifically designed for a 64bit environment. Am I clutching on straws?

    Thank you
    LifeOnMars

    Guest, Aug 17, 2007

  2. You won't see any improvement, I'm afraid. 32-bit applications run in the
    WOW64 layer, which is a very thin shim that allows 32-bit programs to work
    in a 64-bit OS. Some operations do see some improvement from the 64-bit OS
    (I/O operations, mostly, IME), but others see a slight slowdown, which tends
    to balance things out. Overall, I'd say there's no difference in speed,
    UNLESS the application is memory bound, and the availability of a larger
    virtual memory address space (4GB per process, instead of 3GB per process)
    is able to be used.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 17, 2007

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Thank you Charlie, all makes sense now, I can confirm the app is running at a
    slightly higher speed but that may well be because of the physical and
    virtual memory available. The Task Manager shows both processors 50%!

    Many thanks

    Guest, Aug 17, 2007
  4. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Thank you Charlie. There is no improvement in app performance well not worth
    noticing anyway. But something worth mentioning I thought was that Task
    Manager shows both processors at 50%

    Many thanks

    Guest, Aug 17, 2007