    and need to run 32 bit IE for some pluggins on certain web sites (yes, wish
    there were more IE64 compatible pluggins like flash, etc. etc.)

    Gregg

    Guest, Dec 7, 2005

  2. Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Dec 7, 2005

  3. Guest

    Gregg Guest

    Yes, I thought about that, and created other userids, and yes its the same
    problem

    Gregg, Dec 7, 2005
  4. First, you could try doing a system restore before this started happening.
    If that does not help, what I would do is a refresher upgrade, by simply
    inserting your Windows XP Professional x64 CD into the Optical drive and do
    an upgrade. You are not going format the system, just upgrade over your
    existing install to repair any corrupted files that might be causing this
    problem. You will have re-acquire all updates though for x64 since it is in
    a sense a clean upgrade, but preserves your settings and installed
    applications. Do that and report back. :)
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Dec 8, 2005
  5. Guest

    John Barnes Guest

    I would rename the Iexplore.exe in your (86) file before the upgrade that
    Andre suggests.

    John Barnes, Dec 8, 2005