    Anyone any experience or knowledge of this?

    Cheers,

    Chris

    rangerchris, Feb 10, 2009

  2. Hello Chris!
    When the Process is 32 bit it shall work.

    GP

    Günter Prossliner, Feb 10, 2009

  3. rangerchris

    rangerchris Guest

    Hi Günter,

    This I'm aware of, however COM+ DLL components are executed (at least
    on Server 2003 32-bit) by dllhost.exe, which is an integral part of
    Windows and COM+, so I have no control over the host process. Thus, is
    COM+ on Windows x64 able to host a 32-bit DLL (i.e., is there a 32-bit
    layer in COM+ that allows this to work, or do all DLLs hosted by COM+
    in x64 have to be 64-bit?)

    Cheers,

    Chris

    rangerchris, Feb 10, 2009
  4. rangerchris

    Drew Guest

    Well, there is a copy of dllhost.exe in C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64 so I assume it
    will work.

    Drew

    Drew, Feb 10, 2009
  5. Hello Chris!
    Hello Drew!
    If the correct dllhost is started.

    I don't know how this components are activated in detail, but I would think
    that ComponentServices checkes for the "bitness" and would eigher start 32
    bit dllhost in SysWOW64 or 64 bit dllhost in System32.

    But I would take only minutes to check.

    GP

    Günter Prossliner, Feb 11, 2009