30x zoom!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by swangdb, Jul 7, 2003.

  1. swangdb

    swangdb Guest

    swangdb, Jul 7, 2003

  2. swangdb

    SleeperMan Guest

    From i understand, it's plain 3x zoom camera with additional fixed 10x
    magnification, so you get 10x - 30 x zoom. Theoretically you can do this
    with every camera, which has option for fixing additional lenses.

    SleeperMan, Jul 7, 2003

  3. swangdb

    jlp Guest

    Routinely done by the "digiscoping " community. I've successfully coupled my
    CP5000 to my
    spotting scope with a sophisticated,hi-tech adapter available for about
    $1.59 at your local
    hardware store. see http://home.teleport.com/~salmo/avian/ for a picture. It
    has it's limitations,
    effective aperture is small, shutter speeds are slow. The possibility of
    capturing anything with
    ANY motion is small. It doesn't appear Kowa has done anything to address
    the basic
    shortcomings (stabilization, large apertures etc.) But it does work for
    limited applications.
    --

    Jeff

    Kamchatka
    http://home.teleport.com/~salmo/K2000/
    NFS
    http://home.teleport.com/~salmo/

    jlp, Jul 8, 2003
  4. swangdb

    swangdb Guest

    Sigh. It's probably be even worse than that, but I'm going anyway!

    swangdb, Jul 8, 2003