    I'm very happy about this - but why is it so???
    Are they all like that?? Is there a munant strain out there.
    Eddie,

    eddie.m, Oct 8, 2003

  2. eddie.m

    Geoff Bryant Guest

    Are you measuring from the front of the lens or from the film plane? Yes, I
    know there's no film, so let's say the sensor plane then. I don't know about
    the 300D, but the 10D certainly has a mark on top of the camera to indicate
    the film plane, which is where most focusing distances are measured from.

    Geoff Bryant
    www.hortiphoto.com

    Geoff Bryant, Oct 8, 2003

  3. eddie.m

    fruitbat Guest

    I noticed the same thing with mine (assuming you're talking about the
    kit lens). I didn't measure the closest focus, but I did measure the
    magnification. It's around 0.36x instead of the 0.28x specified on the
    Canon's charts, which appears to be better than any other Canon lens,
    not including the macros...

    Jeff

    fruitbat, Oct 8, 2003
  4. eddie.m

    Todd Walker Guest

    Geoff,

    Are you talking about the little circle with the line through it beside
    the mode dial? I've been wondering what that was. Thanks for the insight
    :)

    --
    ________________________________
    Todd Walker

    Todd Walker, Oct 8, 2003
  5. eddie.m

    Gary Rodgers Guest

    | In article <S0Rgb.171692$>,
    | says...
    | > I don't know about
    | > the 300D, but the 10D certainly has a mark on top of the camera to
    indicate
    | > the film plane, which is where most focusing distances are measured
    from.

    | Geoff,
    |
    | Are you talking about the little circle with the line through it beside
    | the mode dial? I've been wondering what that was. Thanks for the insight
    | :)

    So THAT'S what that little thing is :)

    Gary

    Gary Rodgers, Oct 8, 2003
  6. eddie.m

    JPS Guest

    In message <3vYgb.8041$>,
    I kept pressing it but naught happened. Then I realized it was a
    naught, and in effect, actually *had* worked.

    JPS, Oct 8, 2003
  7. eddie.m

    Geoff Bryant Guest

    Geoff Bryant, Oct 8, 2003
  8. eddie.m

    eddie.m Guest

    I meant from the front of the lens. Even so the distance to the focal plain is
    still way less than 28cm.
    Eddie,

    eddie.m, Oct 9, 2003
  9. eddie.m

    eddie.m Guest

    Jeff,
    Yes the kit lens. I didn't buy the 10d because I couldn't find a lens I wanted
    for it.
    I figured I could live with 28cm and use extensions - but getting such a good
    macro is a major bonus.
    Eddie,

    eddie.m, Oct 9, 2003