    what should I do?
    will it be 100% wireless or 1 laptop SHOULD be connected to an AP?
    thanks !!

    Walid, Jun 24, 2004

  2. Walid

    John A. Wolf Guest

    Walid, if your question is do you need to have one of the laptops hooked to
    the AP by cable, the answer is no, except for the inital set up then you
    likely will. Once you get it set up you can have all three hook up
    wirelessly.

    Hope that helps.

    John A. Wolf, Jun 24, 2004

  3. Walid

    Walid Guest

    Oh..Ok.. so the AP will be hooked to the power supply only..like a regular
    switch..

    About the configuration, is it like a regular LAN ? give IPs and
    SubnetMask?? anything unusual in wireless ?

    what is a good, not expensive AP?

    Walid, Jun 24, 2004
  4. Walid

    Papa Guest

    A wireless router (which would be the AP) and a wireless card in each laptop
    is basically all you need. Of course you will need to get to the outside
    world from your router, usually via a cable or DSL modem. Also, if you don't
    have a wireless router yet, get one that has ports for 4 wired computers and
    also that includes a print server. Then you can use your wired ports as a
    way of getting to the internet if something is wrong with your wireless
    cards, or you could add a desktop to the mix. And with a print server, all
    of your laptops would have independent access to your printer.

    Papa, Jun 25, 2004
  5. Walid

    Jack Guest

    Jack, Jun 25, 2004
  6. Walid

    Walid Guest

    Well, yes this was my point.. do I need to "get to the outside orld from the
    router, usually via a cable or DSL modem".. say I dont want that, no
    internet, just 3 laptops..do I need to connect the router/AP to any cable
    but the power supply??

    John Wolf said that I dont need to, but other ppl are telling me that I HAVE
    to connect the router/AP...
    feeling lost here !!

    Walid, Jun 25, 2004
  7. Walid

    Papa Guest

    No. If all you want is a LAN, you don't need to connect your router to a
    modem.

    Papa, Jun 25, 2004