    Thank you for your assistance.

    Respectfully,

    Gary

    Guest, Apr 13, 2006

  2. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I have been sifting through all the information I can, for the past two
    days, in search of an answer as to why only one of my three 677's works
    with my ISP.

    I have configured each modem with the same cfg file, yet only one out
    of the three modems will train and send/receive packets (the other two
    will not train).

    I have tried upgrading/downgrading the CBOS versions, but none of them
    seem to do the trick. The only difference I can see between the three
    modems is that each has a different version of the ADI firmware
    installed. I am interested in upgrading the ADI and found a copy of
    the ADI 3.0 firmware at postyware.dyndns.org.

    http://postyware.dyndns.org/cisco-firmware/

    http://postyware.dyndns.org/cisco-firmware/special/cbos23/

    Before I upgrade the ADI, I would like to know if it is possible to
    backup the current ADI firmware on the modem. Also, do you know where
    I can find other versions of the ADI firmware and the 677 2.2.0 CBOS
    firmware?

    These are second hand Cisco 677's, but I can't believe 2 of 3 are
    broken.

    Guest, Apr 14, 2006

  3. Guest

    Merv Guest

    Merv, Apr 15, 2006
  4. Guest

    Bob Guest

    Gary,

    By chance is it the same 677 that will train up out of the three?

    I remember helping someone on dslreports.com that was having a similar
    problem - one dsl modem would train, the other wouldn't. Turned out the ARP
    tables couldn't handle any additional devices at his ISP. One modem would
    work, who's MAC address was still "acceptable", but the other wouldn't since
    the tables were full.

    Really weird problem - perhaps something like that is happening to you and
    your 677's?

    Hope this helps.

    Bob.

    Bob, Apr 15, 2006
  5. Thats about all that Cisco ever released. There wasn't a huge number
    of releases, and CBOS 2.2 still has the code-red triggered reboot bugs.
    I stopped recommending customers pick up second hand 677's because
    there seemed to be too many that failed to train up in the field.
    I never bothered to figure out why, the 678's are many times more
    reliable for training up on ADSL, and got fairly cheap on eBay.

    Sounds to me that you are putting way too much effort into it.

    Doug McIntyre, Apr 16, 2006