    I want a new gaming system, but I don't know what to choose between these
    two systems. My budget is around $1500.

    Cheers

    Roger Jansson, Nov 23, 2005

  2. Roger Jansson

    Mitch Guest

    I haven't heard of any games that take advantage of SLI yet.
    Do you even know of any that are coming out in the next six months?

    Unless you expect that to be your machine more than a year down the
    line (which I have to guess isn't likely for a gamer), go with the
    high-performance card.

    Mitch, Nov 23, 2005

  3. OK, I wasn't sure wheter the SLI functionality is transparent to the games
    or not. The really should be, but, it's clearly not the case, when Nvidia
    has to write "profiles" for every game that should take advantage of the
    technology.

    Thanks again

    Roger

    Roger Jansson, Nov 24, 2005
  4. Roger Jansson

    Dave Lear Guest

    From those choices, I'd pick the single GeForce 7800GTX, as long as it's the
    512MB version rather than the 256MB. If it's only the 256MB version then the
    256MB Radeon X1800XT is a better bet.
    http://graphics.tomshardware.com/graphic/20051114/nvidia_geforce_7800_gtx_512-07.html

    Dave Lear, Nov 24, 2005