    would choose the 3560 over the 2960?

    Thank You
    Ned Hart

    Ned, Sep 15, 2006

  2. Ned

    Bod43 Guest

    I supect that this is exactly what the 2960 was designed for.

    No "hands on" though.

    Bod43, Sep 15, 2006

  3. Ned

    Scooby Guest

    Ned,

    From a data standpoint, the 3560 is overkill for an access switch and a 2960
    should work well for your purposes. I'd make sure to get one that supports
    the enhanced image for RSTP and the AutoQOS features. One main
    consideration is for the VoIP - if you plan on using the POE switches, I
    believe that only the 3560's will be able to do that for you. I currently
    use all 3560's with POE for my VoIP devices, and then a 2950/2960 for
    additional devices that will not be connected through a phone (such as Jet
    Direct printers, terminal servers, etc...).

    Hope that helps,

    Jim

    Scooby, Sep 15, 2006
  4. Ned

    Ned Guest

    Thanks. I'll look into the enhanced image.

    Ned, Sep 15, 2006