2924-XL Port Aggregation (port-channel)

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Steven Carr, Oct 17, 2007.

  1. Steven Carr

    Steven Carr Guest

    Hi,

    Does anyone know if the 2924-XL supports port aggregation, I want to
    bundle 2 ports together to give a faster uplink to the rest of the network.

    I have tried the commands:
    which if you type "interface ?" lists port-channel as an option - but it
    borks and complains at the command with the caret pointing to the "p" in
    port-channel.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks

    Steve

    --
    Steve Carr
    http://gpf.me.uk

    Steven Carr, Oct 17, 2007

  2. Steven Carr

    Trendkill Guest

    I don't have any 2924s, and couldn't find any explicit documentation
    on Cisco one way or another. I would presume if you have the command
    in your IOS, that you are good, but the error is a strange one. What
    version of code are you running? Hopefully a bug or something, but
    I'll continue looking at the 2924 documentation in the meantime.

    Trendkill, Oct 17, 2007

  3. Steven Carr

    Merv Guest

    see Catalyst 2900 XL and Catalyst 3500 XL Software Configuration
    Guide, Release 12.0(5.x)WC1

    http://cco.cisco.com/en/US/docs/swi...l_3500xl/release12.0_5_wc_1_/swg/swgover.html

    It appears that on the 2924 XL FastEthernet port aggregtion is
    ocnfigured wihtout using the interface port-chanel syntax

    config t
    interface <first interface in port channel>
    port group 1 distribution destination

    interface <second interface in port channel>
    port group 1 distribution destination
    end

    Merv, Oct 17, 2007
  4. Steven Carr

    Steven Carr Guest

    Thanks :) that seems to have worked for the 2924XL - now for the sparkly
    new 1801 router - don't suppose you have any idea for that? its running
    IOS 12.4(15)

    Ste

    --
    Steve Carr