    when I get it booted I type enable and hit return at the password
    prompt 3 tries and I get a bad secrets ,message

    any idea how I should proceed to recover thi password

    merrittr, Jul 5, 2009

  2. merrittr

    Morph Guest

    In the message
    <>
    merrittr wrote:

    | I am trying to reset a password I don't know.
    | -I power off the switch
    | -power on and hold down the MODE button until 1x light goes out
    | -at the switch pronpt I type flash_init it does its thing loading a
    | image
    | -load_helper
    | -boot
    |
    | when I get it booted I type enable and hit return at the password
    | prompt 3 tries and I get a bad secrets ,message
    |
    | any idea how I should proceed to recover thi password

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products...ducts_password_recovery09186a0080094184.shtml
    You are missing several steps.

    -After issuing the load_helper command issue the command dir flash:
    -Then type the foollowing: rename flash:config.text flash:config.old
    -Issue the boot command.
    -Press "n" to abort initial connfiguration dialog.
    -enable
    -Type the following: rename flash:config.old flash:config.text
    -Then copy the config into memory:
    copy flash:config.text system:running-config

    -conf t
    -change the passwords and
    -write mem

    Morph, Jul 5, 2009

  3. merrittr

    kaiqiang

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2009
    Messages:
    3
    Likes Received:
    0
    copy flash:config.text system:running-config

    kaiqiang, Jul 6, 2009
  4. merrittr

    merrittr Guest

    thanks morph that did the trick!