2811 snmp for what mac's are on which port ( simliar to thesh mac-add )

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by ab, Feb 12, 2007.

  1. ab

    ab Guest

    looking to use snmp to find which macs are on which ports
    for 2811 across the network ; we have a number with 16esw cards
    some with 9esw cards and many with both;

    have scanned the group for this and came across similar documentation
    which indicates to read the dot1d mib info using the community string
    indexes ; which we have implemented in scripts that look at our
    3750 stacks and a few 6509 's

    the 2811 does not seem to respond to the community string indexes ;
    is there some means to get the required info using snmp ?

    the result should be similar to the sh mac-add .

    currently our 2811's are using a number on ios with the shift to
    the advanced ip services 12.4(12) ios which has also been tested.

    none of the ios respond with the desired infomation.

    your insight would be appreciated thks .....ab

    ab, Feb 12, 2007