    Also, If I do have a full T1 from my provider, do I need to specify
    this with the "service-module t1 timeslots 1-24" command or is no
    config neccessary ?

    tmcgov05, Dec 1, 2005

  2. tmcgov05

    John Guest

    Not sure.
    No, if you have a full T1, no service-module command is req'd.

    John

    John, Dec 1, 2005

  3. There's no programatic way to test this with the cisco. If you
    configure all 24 timeslots, and bring up your data circuit and have
    layer-3 come up, then you have all 24 timeslots. Ie. data transmission
    uses all channels configured, and if you don't have them, you won't
    get data transmission through end-to-end. Of course, you could
    configure 12 timeslots on each side even if you have 24 and still
    work fine.
    Thats the default on the WIC-1DSU-T1 (or -V2) card (which I'm assuming
    you have instead of some of the other T1 cards). So, you don't need to
    specify it, because thats already configured.

    Doug McIntyre, Dec 2, 2005