    Dircm#sh proc cpu | include IP Input
    25 3562017 1980128 1798 27.59% 20.18% 18.74% 0 IP Input

    Is this consider high during the business hour for IP Input?

    Cong, Jun 28, 2007

  2. Did You manage to capture the crash message?
    Nothing looking very wrong, apart from the fact, that 35% of the
    CPU load comes from processes running on the router, not from
    switching the traffic itself. And as You already found out:
    The process responsible for the load is IP Input. So, Your router
    is not switching the traffic in the optimal path (CEF switching),
    but drops to fast or process switching for some reason.

    Make sure CEF is turned on, it's on on the IP interfaces (via
    'sh ip interface'), and then try to find a reason by looking at
    output of 'sh cef not-cef-switched'. There's bunch of docs on cisco.com
    that help to troubleshoot high CPU load - look for them using the
    search box.

    =?ISO-8859-2?Q?=A3ukasz_Bromirski?=, Jun 29, 2007