2610 refusing NTP service

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Ross Vandegrift, Jul 16, 2003.

  1. Hello everyone,

    Our network has a Cisco 2610 as a border router that keeps time
    via NTP. We'd like to sync the rest of our machines to the 2610, but
    the 2610 is refusing the allow with client/server or peer relationships
    with our hosts. It allows query access (via ntpdate on GNU/Linux
    machines), but no more.

    This configuration was previously working fine on a 2520. The
    2520 is running IOS 11.2, the 2610 is running 11.3. Here are the
    relevant snippets from the configs:

    2610
    -----
    ntp clock-period 17180124
    ntp source Ethernet0/0
    ntp peer server1
    ntp peer server2

    -----
    ntp clock-period 17179977
    ntp source Ethernet0
    ntp peer server1
    ntp peer server2

    Any ideas on why the 2610 is denying access??

    --
    Ross Vandegrift

    A Pope has a Water Cannon. It is a Water Cannon.
    He fires Holy-Water from it. It is a Holy-Water Cannon.
    He Blesses it. It is a Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
    He Blesses the Hell out of it. It is a Wholly Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
    He has it pierced. It is a Holey Wholly Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
    He makes it official. It is a Canon Holey Wholly Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
    Batman and Robin arrive. He shoots them.

    Ross Vandegrift, Jul 16, 2003