    Immunbiologie
    Postfach 1169 Internet: [email protected] dot mpg dot de
    D-79011 Freiburg, Germany

    Christoph Gartmann, Feb 4, 2008

  2. I couldn't answer you totally authoritatively, but I would suspect not. An
    analog modem is going to require a DSP at some point. Ie. the 36xx/37xx/38xx
    solution with NM-1CT1 card doing analog modems still requires a NM-
    DSP card in order to terminate the analog calls coming in over ISDN.

    The 2503 is long before cisco dabbled in modems or DSPs.

    You'd be able to take in ISDN calls to the box or place outgoing ISDN calls,
    but not voice or modem over the B channel of that ISDN connection.

    Doug McIntyre, Feb 4, 2008

  3. ~ (Christoph Gartmann) writes:
    ~ >does an old router 2503I with an ISDN-BRI-interface support the dial-in via an
    ~ >analog modem over the BRI interface? It has an "incoming-voice modem" command.
    ~ >But I am not quite sure whether this is really possibly. Any hints?
    ~
    ~ I couldn't answer you totally authoritatively, but I would suspect not.

    I *can* answer this authoritatively, and the answer is definitely not.

    ~ An
    ~ analog modem is going to require a DSP at some point. Ie. the 36xx/37xx/38xx
    ~ solution with NM-1CT1 card doing analog modems still requires a NM-
    ~ DSP card in order to terminate the analog calls coming in over ISDN.
    ~
    ~ The 2503 is long before cisco dabbled in modems or DSPs.

    Exactly so.

    ~ You'd be able to take in ISDN calls to the box or place outgoing ISDN calls,
    ~ but not voice or modem over the B channel of that ISDN connection.

    You could make this work with the 2503 something like this, maybe:

    \ /
    \_[analog TA]_[analog modem]__________________/

    Aaron

    Aaron Leonard, Feb 4, 2008