    power off and then on the router and no config file is loaded. It
    looks like it doesn't have one. What can I check?? Is the config saved
    but the router doesn't see it??? THANKS...

    gene martinez, Jul 3, 2004

  2. This sounds like the config register is set for password recovery, or at the
    very least not to load the saved config.

    If you do a "show version" the Config Register should say that it's set to
    0x2102 for a 2500 - if it's not then do a "copy start run", go into config
    mode and issue "config-register 0x2102" and save that config. If you reload
    the router now you should have your saved config live.

    P.

    Paul S. Brown, Jul 3, 2004

  3. Thanks, while I was looking at the router I wrote down the Config reg,
    it's 2142. I'll do the change.

    Again THANKS

    gene martinez, Jul 3, 2004
  4. I change the config reg to 0x2102, now I can't get into the router.
    It's asking for a password, that I don't know. How do I get to change
    the config reg back, so I can get into the router??

    Again THANKS!!!

    gene martinez, Jul 3, 2004
  5. Looks like your box was caught halfway a password reset.

    Follow this procedure:
    http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/474/pswdrec_2500.html

    Regards,

    Marco.

    M.C. van den Bovenkamp, Jul 3, 2004
  6. gene martinez, Jul 4, 2004
  7. Well I got it so I can log-in..... Thanks again, the link worked, I've
    saved and printed it out for safe keeping...

    gene martinez, Jul 4, 2004