    Will the monitor lost the image quality?
    Have I to purchase a videocard with better feature?
    Thanks

    ulixi, Apr 15, 2007

  2. ulixi

    babaloo Guest

    A 24 inch wide screen display will tax most videocards.
    You need to find out whether that video card can support the native
    resolution of the 24 inch monitor at its native refresh rate. Many video
    cards, even recent PCIe with 256mbs of RAM top out around 1440x900 when
    trying to support widescreen displays. I believe this is because they do not
    have large enough frame buffers to support higher resolutions despite having
    that much RAM.
    Hence one has to buy higher end gaming video cards in order to optimally
    support large monitors even for non-gaming purposes.
    The video card specs are available from ATI.
    Larger monitors are unforgiving of connection problems, hence digital video
    connectors are desirable.

    babaloo, Apr 15, 2007

  3. ulixi

    ulixi Guest

    on the Ati x1650 Pro I read these specs:

    Display support
    HDTV compatibility (YPbPr)
    HDMI compliance / HDCP ready
    Dual-Link capabilities: 2
    native display support: 10-bit
    3D Graphics Resolution: 2560x1600
    TV Out resolution: 1024x768
    Dual Display support: Hydravision 3

    Do you think this videocard will support a 24" full HD LCD monitor?
    thanks

    ulixi, Apr 15, 2007
  4. ulixi

    PeeCee Guest

    Ulixi

    What you have to look at is the ability of the Ati x1650 Pro to provide a
    display at the 'native' resolution of the 24" LCD.
    From what I've seen the Syncmaster has a native resolution of 1,920 x 1,200
    pixels, all you have to do is find out if the ATI will output the same.

    Driving the Syncmaster with a higher resolution usually results in an 'out
    of range error', driving it will a lower resolution eg 800x600 means a fuzzy
    display and geting less than what you've paid for.

    Paul.

    snip

    PeeCee, Apr 16, 2007