  1. Abshar

    Abshar Guest

    can you tell if you can play dvds on a 233mhz laptop

    Abshar, Apr 29, 2004

  2. Abshar

    Toolman Tim Guest

    It may be possible. Some Dell systems at that speed had DVD players in them.
    But they had hardware in the computer for the decoder, rather than relying
    on software decoders which took heavy CPU speed. (Same thing with the
    Toshiba 7231 desktop - DVD in a P233.)

    On the other hand, when recently using a Dell PII 350MHz laptop with
    software encoder only I experienced jitters.

    Toolman

    Toolman Tim, Apr 30, 2004

  3. Abshar

    Isaac Guest

    And, of course, you need a DVD reader.

    Isaac, Apr 30, 2004
  4. Abshar

    Toolman Tim Guest

    yeah <g> that too!

    Has anyone done that via USB 2.0 or firewire?

    Toolman Tim, May 1, 2004