    del "F:\WINDOWS\system32\iehjwxes.exe"
    if exist "F:\WINDOWS\system32\iehjwxes.exe" goto s
    del "F:\DOCUME~1\John\LOCALS~1\Temp\\232.bat"

    Jonah, Jan 9, 2005

  2. Jonah

    Pennywise Guest

    |> What does this file do? Where did it come from to get to my PC? Is it
    |> a viral program, as it just turned up on my PC today? Yesterday I
    |> installed the beta version of MS Antispyware. Everyhting else is just
    |> the same to my knowledge.
    |>
    |> @echo off
    |> del "F:\WINDOWS\system32\iehjwxes.exe"
    |> if exist "F:\WINDOWS\system32\iehjwxes.exe" goto s
    |> del "F:\DOCUME~1\John\LOCALS~1\Temp\\232.bat"

    It's a clean up bat file, maybe trying to hide it's tracks.

    There's more to the file than you have posted, as I figure it branches
    to S to remove a read only bit.

    Pennywise, Jan 9, 2005

  3. Jonah

    why? Guest

    Don't echo command to standard output i.e. on screen (in a command
    prompt window), the @ is don't echo the 'echo off'

    Delete the specified file
    If the file exists, which the previous line has already deleted, goto
    the commands at the labelled section 's'. There isn't a section labelled
    's' in the lines you show. It would be a line starting with ':s' ,
    without the ' '.
    Then in your documents folder for the logged on user John delete the
    file 232.bat i.e. itself.
    Nothing on Google for the exe file and in itself the batchfile doesn't
    do much except delete a file and delete the batch file of instructions.

    Me

    why?, Jan 9, 2005
  4. Jonah

    Jonah Guest

    Where is S?

    My drive has partitions for C:, D:, E:, AND F:, a CD Drive but "S"?
    Jonah

    Jonah, Jan 9, 2005
  5. Jonah

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "S" is not refering to a drive, but is the name (label) of a section of code
    in the file. That section is apparently missing.

    Toolman Tim, Jan 9, 2005
  6. Jonah

    why? Guest

    why?, Jan 10, 2005