218: does it count for MCSA AND MCSE?

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Ed, Jul 5, 2003.

  1. Ed

    Ed Guest

    Hi folks,

    You probably might think this is a dumb question from
    someone like me, and yes I can the search but I didn't get
    any results (probably due to my inability to use it
    properly... ), and it probably has been already asked.

    But instead of making endless assumptions, and wasting
    wondering, I just want to get to the bottom of this, so
    here goes: I know 218 is a core requirement for MCSA, but
    does automatically count towards the MCSE?
    In other words, given I have A+, Network+, 210, 215, 216,
    217, 218 and 220, if I take 226, is the latter the last
    step to be an MCSE? If it is, I'll have reason to
    celebrate (and so will my dad, especially him), otherwise,
    I want to be able to inform him quickly that I still have
    another exam to take.

    Please answer honestly to this post (as in, don't post the
    answer I want to read: IF I need to take more exams, say
    so). Yeah I know, you're gonna tell me I should know the
    answer, but don't tell anydody.

    Thx.

    Ed,
    A+, Network+, MCSA

    Ed, Jul 5, 2003

  2. Ed

    Tom Helms Guest

    Tom Helms, Jul 5, 2003

  3. Edward Pflager, Jul 5, 2003
  4. Ed

    Sirrab Guest

    Yes you can, 218 is an elective for mcse

    Craig (MCSA)

    Sirrab, Jul 15, 2003