217

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Dave Roseblade, Jul 22, 2003.

  1. >-----Original Message-----
    >Hi there, just wondering if anybody might have a little
    >last minute advice, before i write 217 in two days.

    Have
    >mastered the Transcenders and as many questions as i can
    >find on the net and what not, feeling fairly confident

    but
    >was just wondering from somebody who has taken it what i
    >should look out for!!! Thanx Davin
    >.

    Remember to understand the conceipts, when taking the test
    if you don't understand something pick the best answer
    mark it and when you have time at the end go back root
    out the wrong or last choices.
    this helped me. I did pass all my tests and used this
    advice.

    The technique...

    1. Ensure that you have Time Per Question (TPQ) allotment
    calculated. (See strategy #7 for more info)

    2. Remove the Question Noise (See strategy #6 for more
    info)

    3. Remember that Interactive Questions count for as much
    as
    60% of your score - if the 'trouble' question is an
    interactive
    type question, don't shrug it off and move on - it
    could
    cost you the exam. (See strategy #5 for more info)

    4. Remember 'Experience is not enough', certification
    questions are more often than not, written by writers,
    not in the trenches, on the front line IT people -
    real
    life situations are not necessarily what you are being
    tested on. (See strategy #4 for more info)

    5. Remember the 'Information Overload' technique and
    how to handle Distractors (Information Overload).
    (See strategy #3 for more info)

    6. Be wary of 'Information Warfare' or Dis-information -
    information from several sources that contradict each
    other - this must be resolved before attempting the
    exam.
    (See strategy #2 for more info)

    * Phase 1...
    With each one of these 6 strategies in mind and knowing
    the
    amount of time you have to handle the question (TPQ),
    first
    remove the noise - breaking the question down into the
    smallest parts and revealing the keywords or phases.
    Then, discard the 'Distractors' (Information Overload)

    * Phase 2...
    With the question noise and distractors now gone,
    eliminate
    the answer choices that are 'way out there' (usually 1/2
    of them
    have absolutely no relevancy to the question)

    * Phase 3...
    With only a few choices now remaining, again scan your
    keywords
    / phrases (from strategy #7) and ask yourself 'from the
    question
    writers perspective' what is he/she really testing me on?

    So often the long winded question, with its distractors
    and
    question noise is really - when it comes down to it -
    asking a
    very straight forward question. Understanding what
    the 'writers'
    are attempting to test you on will often reveal the
    answer.

    Dave Roseblade, Jul 22, 2003