    come) would you suggest 210 (Win2K pro) or 270(WinXP) for his
    certification?

    Thanks in advance

    zeus, Jan 21, 2004

  2. zeus

    Guest Guest

    Personally, I'd suggest that he take both exams.

    Guest, Jan 21, 2004

  3. zeus

    Cyberus Guest

    He should take the winXP then when he takes the win2000 server exam
    (70-215),
    he will learn all he needs to about win2000 pro. & server.

    Thats what i did.....

    Cyberus, Jan 21, 2004
  4. zeus

    zeus Guest

    Sorry, I didn't quite get you. My friend is intending to take Win 2003 server
    exam track for MCSE. So, he might not be taking 70-215, right?

    zeus, Jan 21, 2004
  5. zeus

    zeus Guest

    But wouldn't it be like wasting time and money for certification? (Since
    only 1 is required.)

    zeus, Jan 21, 2004
  6. zeus

    Guest Guest

    If he is pursuing the windows 2003 cert, he will not be taking 70-215.

    Guest, Jan 21, 2004
  7. zeus

    Guest Guest

    IMHO, it wouldn't be wasting time or money. Who's says that yo only have
    to take the required exams and no more? I've passed the client OS exam on
    windows 95, nt 4 workstation, windows 2000 pro and XP. Yes, I did both
    windows 95 and nt 4 workstation for my NT 4 MCSE.

    Guest, Jan 21, 2004
  8. zeus

    Cyberus Guest

    Ahh, he wont be taking the 70-215 exam then.

    However another option is for him to take the windows 2000 MCSE track then
    take the 2 upgrade exams to windows2003 MCSE.
    With this he will have a thorough knowledge of both 2000 and 2003.
    Its only 2 extra exams and probably better than just taking 70-210.
    So his path to certififcation could be :

    70-270 (windows XP)

    70-215 (windows 2000 server with alot of cross over about windows 2000
    pro. )
    70-216
    70-217

    70-220

    70-214
    70-218
    = MCSE 2000

    Then 70-292 & 70-296 = MCSE 2003

    With that he would have took 9 exams and be both MCSE 2000 and MCSE 2003
    qualified.

    Cyberus, Jan 21, 2004
  9. zeus

    ADRENALINE Guest

    i recommend him to get 70 270 instead of 70 210. because i phoned microsoft
    and asked about that too and they replied "we will eventually stop
    supporting 70 210,so choose 70 270"

    ADRENALINE, Jan 21, 2004