    Skip M Guest

    Or as a compromise between both. But "legacy" implies left over from film,
    and these are not.

    Skip M, Aug 31, 2005

  2. On a full-frame dSLR, the 17-40 is (a) sharp at the corners* and (b)
    extremely useful as a tool for quality landscape photography**.

    *: http://www.wlcastleman.com/equip/reviews/17-40/index.htm

    "If you shoot wide angle, full frame
    photographs with Canon cameras stopped down at f/8 and beyond, the EF
    17-40mm f/4L lens is an outstanding lens. Contrast and sharpness are
    greatest at the wide end (20 and 24mm) of the zoom range and approach or
    exceed those of quality prime lenses."

    **: http://www.luminous-landscape.com/columns/1Ds-4x5.shtml

    "Currently I use the Canon 17-40L f4, Canon 70-200 L f4 and Canon 50mm 1.8.
    The two first lenses are top quality L lenses, Canon's flagship series."

    David J. Littleboy
    Tokyo, Japan

    David J. Littleboy, Aug 31, 2005