    shooting with a 20D and quite often fast shots, so want to minimise the
    buffer time.

    Lexar 80X? Sandisk Ultra II?

    A, Nov 12, 2004

  2. A

    Bill Hilton Guest

    >From: "A"

    >Any recommendations on fast 2GB Compact Flash memory cards?

    http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/multi_page.asp?cid=6007-7303 ... this guy has
    tested many different cards in a 20D.

    >Lexar 80X? Sandisk Ultra II?

    We are using Lexar 80, 40 and 32x and Sandisk Ultra and Exteme cards (66x) in a
    Mark II and a 1Ds and they are almost identical in actual usage, maybe 2
    seconds difference in a 30 sec buffer dump. Stick to Lexar and Sandisk and get
    the one that's on sale at the moment.

    Bill

    Bill Hilton, Nov 12, 2004

  3. A

    Carl Guest

    A wrote:
    > Hello group.
    >
    > Any recommendations on fast 2GB Compact Flash memory cards? I will be
    > shooting with a 20D and quite often fast shots, so want to minimise the
    > buffer time.
    >
    > Lexar 80X? Sandisk Ultra II?

    I own both and although the Lexar, on paper at least, appears to be
    faster, in practice you'll notice little difference. Point to note
    though - if you take long exposure's, it will take quite a time to
    process the shot onto the card.

    Carl, Nov 12, 2004
  4. A

    SmartAzz Guest

    The Sandisk Ultra II 2GB card works great in the 20D. I almost bought
    the Lexar 80x but found the Sandisk to be less expensive. Both cards
    write faster than the 20D (card=12MB/sec, 20D=6.5MB/sec) so you will
    likely not notice any difference at all.

    eCost.com has great prices on Sandisk Ultra II cards

    Cheers!

    SmartAzz, Nov 13, 2004