    get it to format to 130GB. I've used the new fdisk.exe from www.bootdisk.com
    but cannot get any more than 130GB.

    Does anyone know how I can getb the full 200GB from the hard drive?

    Goonerak, Apr 24, 2005

  2. Goonerak

    °Mike° Guest

    Windows 98 will not fdisk a drive larger than that (137GB). Moreover,
    scandisk will not work over that limit, either. Fdisk the drive into smaller
    partitions.

    °Mike°, Apr 24, 2005

  3. Goonerak

    Plato Guest

    Bios flash or pci controller card. Assuming there is a new bios update
    that addresses that issue for that motherboard. If not, then the card.
    Remember tho that certain win9s utils wont work in drives over 132 gig.
    Note that with an updated bios or card win9x fdisk has no problem
    partitioning a 200 into a single partition if you wish.

    Plato, Apr 25, 2005
  4. Goonerak

    old john Guest

    i would suggest partitioning into 2x100gig, `cos i wouldn`t want to wait to
    defrag a 200gig hard drive, i`m 73 and running out of time (little smile).
    best wishes..J

    old john, Apr 25, 2005
  5. Goonerak

    Goonerak Guest

    Thanks to all who answered. Think I will take the easy option and make 2 x
    100GB partitions.

    Goonerak, Apr 25, 2005
  6. Goonerak

    old john Guest