    offering the exams yet.

    Thanks for you help in advance.

    mk

    Michael Kinsel, Aug 8, 2003

  2. Oli Restorick [MVP], Aug 10, 2003

  3. First Windows 2003 was released on April 24 2003 .. what is FULLY .. it is
    out already .. SP1 is probably in beta ..
    Second .. Oli ... how do you know you passed 290 .. I am sure I passed too
    ... but no word for MS yet! Yes, it was hard ... but the betas are always
    hard .. real test should be a lot easier .. smaller .. etc.

    Robyn

    Mr. Robyn Myers, Aug 11, 2003
  4. I took a look at my transcript. 290 appeared at the end of last week. I
    haven't had an e-mail or letter from MS yet. I suggest you also keep an eye
    on your transcript to see anything that appears. I was actually pretty sure
    I'd failed.

    It will either just update the "last activity" date alone (in which case you
    didn't pass) or you will also get the beta exam you took listed.

    Oli

    Oli Restorick [MVP], Aug 11, 2003
  5. Michael Kinsel

    Maestro Guest

    Your turn Robyn Myers... oh you have nothing to say???

    Maestro, Aug 11, 2003
  6. Say about what? I do not check these groups everyday. I am checking my
    transcript right now .. there is no change.
    No new date or any mention of the 2003 exams. I took them with another
    intructor and he has no record of a pass or fail either .. they must be
    doing them in shifts.

    Thanks
    Robyn Myers

    Mr. Robyn Myers, Aug 12, 2003
  7. I took both 290 and 291 during beta. They showed up on my transcript at
    different times though. I thought I bombed the 291, but to my surprise it
    did eventually show up.

    Most MCSE's who pass these two will become MCSA's in 2003, depending upon
    exactly what other exams were taken. I am included in that bunch, however
    the MCSA distinction is missing. An email exchange with Microsoft told me
    that the logic to indicate statuses such as MCSA and MCSE will only go in
    place upon the exams live version released. [So I put in my cover letters I
    hold MCSE 2000 and have completed the requirements for MCSA 2003.]

    Michele Adams, Aug 12, 2003
  8. I booked myself in for 291, but didn't show up for the exam. That was for
    two reasons; I thought I'd failed 290 and therefore didn't have a chance at
    291. Secondly, I couldn't make it to the test centre on time and was
    planning to show up a couple of hours late anyway.

    Never mind.

    Oli Restorick [MVP], Aug 12, 2003
  9. Thanks
    I heard from a lady at MS that it would count as the MCSA. No record on
    transcript yet.
    Thanks
    Robyn

    Mr. Robyn Myers, Aug 13, 2003