    configuration, i.e. system state. Can I do a backup of a 32bit system state
    and then restore it to a 64bit new install?

    TIA

    Jaime Barahona, Jan 17, 2008

  2. No. You _can_ install 32-bit Windows Server on x64 hardware, however. But
    you can't install 64-bit Windows and restore a 32-bit system state.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jan 17, 2008

  3. Jaime Barahona

    Mr. Steroid Guest

    Why not? You can restore a 32 bit system to 64 bit hardware

    Mr. Steroid, Jan 18, 2008
  4. Registry is different between 64bit and 32bit. This isn't about what will
    run on the hardware, but what is part of the OS (the system state) - that is
    architecture dependent.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jan 18, 2008