2002 Front Page unable to post picture from file

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Louis AA, Oct 28, 2003.

  1. Louis AA

    Louis AA Guest

    When I click "Insert picture from a file" icon my system seems to hang up.
    Sometimes I have to push the computer restart button to get out of it. Even
    when I run "detect and repair" or reinstalling the software this problem
    stills happens.
    I have found out that if I have Task Manager on the screen and if I can
    somehow get it to respond to "Hibernate" choice on the "Shut Down" role down
    menu, and then click on "Hibernate" choice, sometimes it runs a wile longer
    and give me an error message saying it can't "hibernate" however that is
    enough to gain access to Insert picture from file.
    When I get the hibernate message the system will display the pictures I was
    accessing at the beginning.

    Any ideas on how to fix this? Could it be a cache or shadowing problem. I
    hove no idea on how to disable cashing or shadowing, so I'll need a walk
    thru,

    Louis AA

    Louis AA, Oct 28, 2003

  2. Louis AA

    why? Guest

    File type / size?
    <snip>

    Try putting the picture into the images folder.

    Either drag it from your Windows Explorer into the FP folder view, or
    put it in the FP folder using Windows Explorer before starting FP.

    Then press F5 to refresh, after opening FP. You should now find the
    image, simply drag the image onto the page if that's what your want.

    Or at least try it and see if it works.

    FP newsgroup
    microsoft.public.frontpage.client

    http://www.anyfrontpage.com/