2001 RG the majordomo even then 10 years ago.

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by cafe_nate, May 24, 2011.

  1. cafe_nate

    cafe_nate Guest

    Technical fixes help somewhat. The major services are now better about
    The problem with setting up filters at the receiver's end to just
    delete the UCE (Unsolicited Commercial Email, or what is commonly
    known as "Spam"), is that it does not at all deal with the problem. I
    have been trying to use "Spamcop" (http://www.spamcop.net) as often
    as
    possible. You just paste the entire message in including the header
    and it automatically sends a complaint to the proper authority. If we
    all did this the spammers would be greatly inconvenienced and the
    ISPs
    would have to work harder to deal with the problem at its source, and
    maybe more importantly, we would not end up having government control
    or government interference with the Internet.
    If you know of other solutions that folks can use I would be glad to
    hear them- E-Mail me, but be aware that I report all incidents of
    UCE!

    "UCE" that acronym never caught on.

    cafe_nate, May 24, 2011