20 THings You Didn't Know About XP

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Jerry Attic, Oct 16, 2006.

  1. Jerry Attic

    Jerry Attic Guest

    Jerry Attic, Oct 16, 2006

  2. Jerry Attic

    philo Guest

    philo, Oct 16, 2006

  3. Jerry Attic

    elaich Guest

    elaich, Oct 16, 2006
  4. Jerry Attic

    Meat Plow Guest

    Meat Plow, Oct 16, 2006
  5. Woo! Go elaich!

    I bet you are a right laugh at parties, telling everyone how you hate
    'Micro$oft' and that Bill Gates is the b0rg.

    Michael Cargill, Oct 16, 2006
  6. Jerry Attic

    richard Guest

    So notify the site's host.
    I run firefox with popup blocker on. Along with a firewall.

    richard, Oct 16, 2006
  7. Jerry Attic

    Jerry Attic Guest

    I have pop up blockers on both IE and Firefox. I thought people would find
    the page pretty innocuous. Fancy that.

    Jerry

    Jerry Attic, Oct 16, 2006
  8. Jerry Attic

    Ponder Guest

    Hiya Michael Cargill.

    You mean, he's not? ;)

    Ponder, Oct 16, 2006
  9. Jerry Attic

    elaich Guest

    No, not true. I don't go to parties, to begin with. Second, I run Windows
    2000 Pro. XP is garbage.

    elaich, Oct 17, 2006
  10. I always wear my Linux tee shirt to parties. That way nobody talks to
    me and I can devote all my time to eating and drinking.

    Blinky the Shark, Oct 17, 2006
  11. Jerry Attic

    Pennywise Guest

    I run XP and agree with you, W2K was and still is my favorite NT OS.
    Kinda partial to Win98 as well :)

    Pennywise, Oct 17, 2006
  12. Jerry Attic

    sittingduck Guest

    Win2K is for people too stupid to configure XP back to 2K performance.

    sittingduck, Oct 17, 2006
  13. Jerry Attic

    Spuds Guest

    Maybe it's just the fact you're wearing a t-shirt to a party.
    =:)

    Spuds, Oct 17, 2006
  14. Jerry Attic

    tdstr Guest

    Win2k is for people who were smart enough to stay away from the
    *koolaid* and not to shell out $$$ for XP.

    tdstr, Oct 17, 2006
  15. Jerry Attic

    elaich Guest

    And for people who are smart enough to stay away from bloated OS'es
    designed for idiots.

    elaich, Oct 17, 2006
  16. Jerry Attic

    Pennywise Guest

    My XP is pretty much windows classic (went this way with W2K as well)

    Pennywise, Oct 17, 2006
  17. Jerry Attic

    sittingduck Guest

    wrote:
    The very first thing I do when installing XP is to turn the 'Fischer Price"
    interface OFF. :)
    Then it's off to services to disable 6 or 8 automatic processes.

    There are some very nice 'stripped' versions of XP floating around as well, I
    have one that only uses 50MB of ram, and the iso is only 125MB. You can make
    your own custom install with nLite. http://www.nliteos.com/

    sittingduck, Oct 17, 2006
  18. Jerry Attic

    Pennywise Guest

    I installed XP on a 233Mhz and 126 megs ram, I disabled anything that
    wasn't need'd. (themes #1)

    I told folks I could run it on that machine, but you sure didn't
    want'd to use it too long; way too slow (drive ya nuts) I just did it
    cause I had XP sitting around.

    It was a quad boot system 98-2K-2K-XP, so I always had 2K to use for
    my OS. - which ran great on my system.

    Pennywise, Oct 17, 2006
  19. I didn't say it was a formal, fer heaven's sake. :) Then I'd wear my
    tee shirt that looks like a tuxedo...

    Blinky the Shark, Oct 18, 2006
  20. Jerry Attic

    Spuds Guest

    Mine's hanging up beside the one that looks like a gun tucked into the waist.

    Spuds, Oct 18, 2006