    must be a US thing. Prometric has historically given me a code that is good
    for all the exams. Of course I'm not positive that my code works on your
    side of the border.

    Neil, Oct 4, 2005

  2. Trainer

    Neil Guest

    I need to read better. So Prometric is doing this one. Ok, Vue has the one
    code. ok. fair enough.

    could you not post all of the codes on a web page somewhere? Is Prometric
    tracking each code individually? This one is an oddity.

    Neil, Oct 4, 2005

  3. Trainer

    Neil Guest

    I can't even read my own posts (yeah, yeah I know). VUE is the one I have a
    code for, not prometric....duh....

    Neil, Oct 4, 2005
  4. Trainer

    Neil Guest

    I did not mean to indicate that he WAS advocating them. I didn't like the
    phrasing of one comment, and I would have liked to have found some other
    way of distributing the code, but I was unaware of the complications that
    this particular program has. I don't think trainer made it very clear
    that this was the issue. I could be wrong. I'm having trouble with my
    brian today. same as yesterday. and the day before...

    Neil, Oct 4, 2005
  5. Trainer

    Trainer Guest

    What Prometric is doing is giving MCTs a range of codes per trainer and
    associating those codes to each trainer for a contest. So when one code is
    used a "point" is recorded for that trainer associated to the voucher. They
    could have just given one code but then they couldn't track how many points
    per trainer to give out. It's just another common business tactic to
    increase sales by involving another party i.e. MCTs. I wish that instead of
    the contest one code was given so that it would not be so confusing to
    people. The point is to get a 20% discount to Microsoft test takers so that
    they may take more exams sooner, the contest ends Jan. 31, 2006. Universal
    codes have been given out most of the time which makes it so much simpler.

    Trainer, Oct 4, 2005
  6. Trainer

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Trainer spewed across the ether:
    OK, I confess. The addy that I used to e-mail you is a honeypot.

    JaR, Oct 4, 2005
  7. Trainer

    Trainer Guest

    No problem.

    Trainer, Oct 4, 2005
  8. Trainer

    Neil Guest

    but that is exactly what Vue does. One code per trainer. If you use my code
    it's associated with me and at the end of a contest period I am offered
    somethign lovely like a pen or practice test. I certainly don't anticipate
    getting rich off of the large number of pens I might acquire...

    Neil, Oct 4, 2005
  9. Trainer

    Trainer Guest

    You got it. I totally agree. That's just how Prometric is running their
    promo.

    Trainer, Oct 4, 2005
  10. Trainer

    Neil Guest

    I am honestly glad I'm not in it. I'm not sure it's worth whatever toys
    they are dishing out.

    Neil, Oct 4, 2005
  11. Trainer

    JaR Guest

    How about staplers? Do they give away staplers?

    JaR, Oct 4, 2005
  12. Trainer

    Neil Guest

    not the swinglines...

    Neil, Oct 4, 2005
  13. Trainer

    Jtyc Guest

    I certainly don't anticipate
    Well then can I have one?

    Jtyc, Oct 4, 2005
  14. Trainer

    Neil Guest

    no

    Neil, Oct 4, 2005
  15. Trainer

    Guest Guest

    pftttthhhhhh. Dang it!!! That was a new keyboard.

    *larry the cable guy*
    That's funny. I don't care who you are... that's funny right there.
    */larry the cable guy*

    Guest, Oct 4, 2005
  16. Trainer

    Jtyc Guest